Though laws may just be words on paper, & true equality will still require a lot of hard work, we are so happy that the LGBT*Q+ movement has recently achieved a huge win in the US courts. While we celebrate with our friends & family members who have finally been granted some of their basic rights, we also can’t ignore the rampant acts of extreme racism that have been on full display these past few weeks. We at Indy Art | Media Co-op stand strong in our conviction to create an equality culture through providing services and resources that empower & amplify the voices of marginalized communities.
In the spirit of celebrating with purpose, this Saturday, July 4th, Collaborators at Indy Worker Justice Center are hosting the Justice Jamboree – a blugrass/folk benefit show for their wage theft clinic work.
Glad for the company & experience of Instagram 101 + 2Ddraw Night last Monday. Diop’s (KiNuMedia) demo of iconosquare.com to maximize your Instagram experience, combined with Kathy Sipple’s (of CoThrive.org) demo of Society6.com led to a really interesting discussion around redefining work for artists/creators/social entrepreneurs. How do we exchange images to build relationships & be economically sustainable? Alvin (Kheprw Institute) made a great point that we took home: to build a culture of reciprocity, mutual respect & accountability,
we must first start with building culture.
Save the dates! UPCOMING #CoOpShop Socials\Workshops
#UpReachIndy: Twitter 101 + Twitter 201 | facilitators: @ElleHoneyBee @SukieConley
Final Monday, July 27th
T.101: 6:00-7:30pm @ Chase Legacy Google Map | T.201: 8-9:30pm @ #MysterySpace (find on Twitter)
- Workshop::3rd rendition of Elle & Sukie?s Twitter 101 interactive training
- Social::Many asked us for an advanced version, so Twitter 201 will be the afterFOLLOWparty; location discoverable, week of, at #MysterySpace
- $4-8* Sliding Scale
- What: Building real relationships online: etiquette, strategies, How-To?s.
Organize On-the-Go! #WebHackathon | Mobile Responsive Web Design + What Apps Do I Need? | facilitators: @AlvinSang @RuthHinkle @CoOpChange
Final Monday, August 31
6PM-9PM @ KI Eco Center Google Map|
6-7PM: Mobile Responsive Design 7-9PM Social Lounge w/DJ 7:30-8:30pm What Apps? OnTheGo 4 Beginners
- Workshop:: WordPress Basics Review
- Problem-Solving Session::Make Mobile Organizing Easy (Twitter, WordPress Mobile, etc.)
- $4-8* Sliding Scale
- What:: Apps for staying updated on the go, mobile-responsive web design, and Ruth Hinkle, former content writer for Spirit & Place, will teach several simple tracks to ADD, not lose, value when transitioning your copy/graphics/ideas to your online space.
*Friends of the Co-op receive $2 off the ticket prices, a.k.a. $2-6 Sliding Scale
Keep your eyes on this space for more information!
As always, we?re a collaborative effort and welcome your feedback. What would you like to see more of, or see future workshops focus on? How can we help you reach your community goals?